1) Teacher at a public middle or high school in the Bay Area
2) Recognize (and willing to devote) the extra effort to this activity (we recognize that you do a lot already).
- Start an after-school club for students interested in participating (probably need to meet 2-3 hours per week, with about 6-15 students)
- Meet for a 6-8 hour training session (in the next few weeks) to get up to speed on Vex and the robotics competition (we will try to have the training session on a school day, but might need to hold it on a Saturday)
- Have your team participate in a local Vex robotics competition during this school year (typically held on a Saturday)
3) Have commitment from your school (allow a professional day for you to attend the workshop? stipend? space for the team? ?)
4) Priority will be given to schools that currently don’t have a robotics team, and to under-resourced schools.